0 3 min 2 weeks
Share this

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury said he is willing to return to the ring for a potential unification bout against Anthony Joshua or Oleksandr Usyk but said organisers would have to dig out £500 million to tempt him out of “retirement.”

Fury knocked out Dillian Whyte in April to retain his title before telling fans he would be sticking to his promise to his wife to retire.

However, the 33-year-old said he had been in talks with his promoter Frank Warren about a potential return and that they were “going to make something big, big happen.”

Fury said: “I will be back in the ring 100%, just like in the movie when Jerry Maguire shouted: ‘Show me the money!’ If anyone can show me the money then it’s [promoter] Frank Warren.”

On Wednesday, Fury told Talksport that it would take £500m to tempt him out of retirement after it was reported he could return in a £200m megadeal.

Fury said: “I’d probably want half a billi to come out of retirement.

“I’m telling you the truth, if you want me out of retirement it’s gonna cost half a billi.”

Usyk beat Joshua in September last year to seize the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO belts and the rematch is likely to take place in August.

Fury, who is known as the ‘Gypsy King’, described Usyk as a “middleweight” but said he expected him to beat Joshua again.

“When this middleweight knocks out this bodybuilder again, there’s only going to be one man to sort this absolute circus out, isn’t there?” Fury said.

“What I would say to the people who want this fight to happen, you better have a big cheque book, because to bring the big ‘GK’ out of retirement… it’s going to cost.

“Me and Frank have something spectacular coming but it does not involve Usyk or Joshua at this moment. I will make a decision on all this but I have only just fought three months ago.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *